I'm embarrassed by this video, both for my country and it's frighteningly obnoxious, narrow-minded, and not to mention vulgar young people. Shudder.
My personal favorite is "I'm a political science major!" "So you know you're sh*t, right!?" "Yeah, I know my sh*t!!" "Do you know who Benjamin Netanyahu is?" "No..." Oh noooooo! It hurts, it really does.
I spend so little time interacting with the young American Zionists of this world, so it end up being truly shocking when I get glimpses of this kind of mentality. When I go back to the US, I hope to try and play some kind of part in educating the Jewish and general community on the realities of this conflict. But if THIS is what I'm going to be up against, I can't help but want to run screaming in the opposite direction!
-------
I'm editing this post and adding another video because I think it is related to the all of the extreme, senseless talk from the first video:
If a Fox newscaster is calling this kind of criticism "wrong, ridiculous, preposterous," then I think that says it all.
Is it just me, or is it disturbing that the same rhetoric is being used by both the crazies that write into Fox news and these kids studying abroad in Jerusalem??
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment